Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Manage the implementation of the full package of district health services (including district hospitals and sub-acute services) within the district, in line with the Departmental Comprehensive Service Plan
- Manage the implementation of health programs within the district.
- Ensure that quality of care is maintained and improved in the districts.
- Responsible as budget holder and financial manager for the district.
- Responsible for human resource management in the district.
- Co-ordinate the rendering of professional support services (including information management) within the district.
- Manage key partnerships within the district, especially with the communities, local government, universities and non-profit organization’s (NGO’s).
- Advise the department on legislation, regulations and collective agreements and implement a talent management model that attracts and retains productive teams.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF Level 7) in a health related field or equivalent qualification as recognized by SAQA.
- Registration with a recognized Health Professional Council (2021).
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience in senior managerial level services preferably in health related field.
- An Honors or Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the District Health System, including Primary Health Care support, District hospitals and Community Based Health Services.
- Experience in accounting to communities e.g. Health committees and Facility Boards.
- Knowledge and experience on district health planning, district health expenditure reviews and annual performance plans.
- Knowledge and experience on financial and human resource management applicable to the Public Service. Proven experience in the provision and management of health services.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Balfour, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A