Website Life Healthcare
An exciting opportunity exists for a Unit Manager in the Day Theatre at Life Entabeni Hospital, KZN. The positions will report to the Theatre Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Manage stock utilisation and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Post basic qualification in Operating Room Nursing – compulsory
- Degree or Diploma in nursing
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Theatre
- Current registration with SANC
Company: Life Healthcare
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A