Website Lancet Laboratories
Assists laboratory and/ or regional technical manager with supervision of staff and functions as per delegated responsibilities.
Performs and analyses the results of laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose, treat and prevent diseases.
- Ensures the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with standard operating procedures and service level agreements.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or technical manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or technical manager to supervise and train staff in line with delegated responsibilities and/or deputising requirements to ensure that operational objectives are achieved, employees are able to achieve their performance objectives and interns and students are trained and guided to appropriately.
- Records and verifies test results (under the direct / indirect supervision of a registered medical technologist/ pathologist) to ensure integrity of test result database on laboratory information system.
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures on instrumentation, analyses results in one or more sections of a laboratory and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- Relevant Certificate
- 5-8 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A