Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Provide vision, strategic direction and inspire employees to deliver excellent, quality health services.
- Maintain clinical, professional and ethical standards.
- Ensure provisioning of a 24-hour service in orthopaedic.
- Ensure that working environment complies with Health and Safety Act, staffs adhere to the safety precautions and that staff is maintained to attain optimal productivity.
- Provide measures and guidance on quality assurance to comply with the set quality standards.
- Compile medium and long term expenditure framework and implement fiscal control measures on an ongoing basis.
- Generate reports, plans, presentations and perform other administrative duties attached to this position.
- Manage the performance of allocated human resources.
- Formulate and manage protocols in accordance with Department of Health policies that will have a positive impact on staff and ensure that staff is aware and adhere to protocols.
- Strengthen partnership with relevant stakeholders i.e. Medical School, Referral Hospitals, Research Council, etc.
- Appropriate specialist procedures and protocols within field of expertise.
- Driving skills.
- Managerial and financial management skills.
- Courtesy and interpersonal relation skills.
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Medical
- Specialist in Orthopaedic.
- Stress tolerance and innovation skills.
- Assessment, diagnose and management of patients within the field of expertise.
- Understanding of basic Human Resource matters including Labour Relations.
- Concern of excellence.
- Awareness of cross-cultural differences.
- Initial and current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Medical Specialist in Orthopaedic.
- Proof of current and previous working experience endorsed by Human Resource department (certificate of service).
- Applicants must submit confirmation letter of relevant experience from their supervisors in an official letterhead of the employer when they apply.
- Problem solving skills.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in the Health Science (MBChB)
- Control of budget, monitoring expenditure and project management.
- A minimum of 7 years appropriate experience as a Medical Specialist in Orthopaedic after registration with the Health
- Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Medical Specialist
- Computer skills.
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Verulam, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A