Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Assist with administration, food service/ catering/special diets; stores and stock; MBFI, attending meetings and clinical governance and health and safety.
- Ensure all referred patients are seen timeously.
- Evidence-based nutrition therapy is practiced.
- Patient interventions are recorded on hospital information system.
- Ward round are attended timeously.
- Attend and participate in accredited CPD activities.
- In-services to wards and relevant health professionals.
- Training and supervision of post graduate Dietetic students.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics or equivalent / post graduate diploma in Dietetics or have completed a Four (4) year integrated course in Dietetics / Nutrition.
- Minimum of Twenty (20) years relevant experience after registration with HPCSA as a Dietician in respect of RSA qualified employees who performed community service as required in South Africa.
- Minimum of Twenty One (21) years relevant experience after registration with HPCSA as a dietician in respect of foreign qualified employees of whom it is not required to perform community service as required in SA.
- Broad understanding of a broad range of therapeutic nutrition conditions in both adults and paediatric clients which he/she must be able to identify/treat/follow up and educate for home.
- Knowledge on the treatment of patients with varying disease conditions.
- Sound insight into physical assessment of patients.
- A sound clinical knowledge of Human nutrition and associated therapeutic nutrition interventions must be demonstrated.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A