Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Ensure proper collecting, collating, compilation and critical analysis and use of all data for quality service delivery.
- Conduct situational analysis and develop quality improvement projects.
- Practice nursing and health care in accordance with laws and regulations relevant to nursing and health care.
- Provide direction and supervision for the implementation of the nursing plan (clinical practice/quality patient care).
- Implement standard practices, criteria and indicators for quality nursing.
- Deputize for the Operational Manager in Maternity.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, ensuring safety thereof.
- Maintain a constructive working relationship with nursing and other stakeholders.
- Utilise human, material and physical resources efficiently and effectively.
- A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with
SANC in General Nursing plus one year post basic Qualification in Advanced Midwifery.Knowledge of management, planning and organization.
- Information management skills.
- Report writing and facilitation skills.
- Leadership, organizational, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of nursing care procedures, nursing statutes and other relevant legal framework such as Nursing Act, Mental Health
- Financial and budget management skills
- Act, OH&S Act, Health Act, Batho Pele and patient’s rights charter, Labour Relations Act, grievance procedures etc.
- Promote quality nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards.
- Good insight of procedures and policies pertaining to nursing care.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: KwaDukuza, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A