Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Ensure co-ordination of various clinical and support services that so that functions are performed within a multi-disciplinary approach to allow for total patient care.
- Contribute to the development of clinical management guidelines and protocols for management of patients and ensure acceptable level of care within available resources
- Provide expect advices concerning clinical management of patient
- Assist in the implementation of priority programmes e.g National Core Standards
- Formulate programmes and projects and ensure implementation thereof
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources allocated to in the unit
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of clinical competencies and to ensure that scientific principles of nursing processes are maintained
- Monitor and maintain standards set by the accreditation bodies
- Executes dudes and functions with proficiency within the prescripts of all applicable
- Monitor and maintain standards set by accreditation bodies
legislation and support the aims and objectives of the institution
- Evaluate patients care programmes from time to time and make proposals for improvement that is supported by strong work ethics
- Formulate and monitor operational plan which is online with the strategic plan of the hospital and department
- Report writing skills, and time management skills, Good communication, interpersonal
as a Professional Nurse and Midwifery
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification that allows registration with SANC Qualification in Nursing Administration.
- Knowledge of South African Nursing Council (SANC) rules and regulations
- Ability to formulate patient care related policies
- Computer literacy.
- At least three (3) years of the period referred above must be appropriate/recognizable experience at management level.
- Knowledge of Public Service Policies, Acts and Regulation
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team at unit level to ensure good nursing care by nursing team.
- Proof of current registration with SANC (2021 receipt)
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS plus TB programmes.
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Leadership, organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
- Minimum of eight (08) years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a
- Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, supervisors, other health professionals and junior colleagues including more complex report writing when required.
relations, counseling and conflict management skills.
- Matric certificate/Grade 12
- Conflict Management and negotiation skills
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chatsworth, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A