Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Compile both summary and comprehensive health data and information reports on the status of health service delivery.
- Coordinate, collect, compile analyse and interpret health data towards the improvement of health service delivery at the district level
- Coordinate the total collection of quality health data as well as update, maintain the district health system and management information system databases.
- Participate in district, sub-district and institutional information management or performance review meetings.
- Conduct on site in-service trainings and support visits to facilities under King Cetshwayo District.
Participate in quality improvement programmes initiatives and reviews.
- Contribute constructively and critically to appropriate policy development and implementation in the district based on sound and verified data information.
- Assist facilities with development of quality improvement plans for information management and ensure their implementation thereof.
- Provide technical and information advice and guidance to users to maximize available computer, equipment and information.
- Oversee the security of information and data by adhering to information storage and safeguarding policies.
- Provide support and capacity building to various teams of health workers.
- Ensure availability of information management guidelines in all the facilities under King Cetshwayo District.
- Develop enabling models of data collection to deal with non-submission of important health data.
- Perform other duties assigned by immediate supervisor or other senior managers.
- Working knowledge of PHC data analysis, compilation, collection, coordination and interpretation including TB electronic and manual register management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the district information systems as well as the ability to manage the decentralized data process.
- Working knowledge of how to conduct health data surveys, sampling methods, interview techniques and scientific report writing.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Information Management.
- A minimum of 3 years appropriate/recognizable working experience in Technical / Scientific Health Data Management at a supervisory level.
- Valid Drivers’ Licence.
- Advance computer literacy: MS Office Software Applications.
- Sound project management and re
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to think critically in difficult situations, plan, prioritise, make independent decisions and comply with timeframes.
- Ability to work in a team and provide health professionals with data support system relevant to service delivery.
- Knowledge of legal prescripts regulating Public Service, Health Management and Information Management.
- Matric Certificate or Grade 12 (Senior Certificate).
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A