Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Co-ordinate the implementation of Health Promotion Programmes in schools, Primary health care facilities and at community level (e.g. Health promoting clinic, Health promoting school and Early Child development centres)
- Champion risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) activities in the district
- Ensuring the implementation of the priority programme project to attain positive health outcomes
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of the Outreach Programmes, School Health and Healthy Lifestyle in the district.
- Co-ordinate the vaccination programme (HPV, TD and Deworming) in schools and ECDs
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the WBPHCOTs and the Integrated School Health Programme policy (ISHP) in line with the PHC re -engineering framework and the National Health Insurance (NHI)
- Participate in the ideal clinic and ideal hospital realisation and maintenance project in the district by monitoring adolescent and youth involvement and empowerment.
- Co-ordinate the Adolescent Youth Health Programme in the District
- Ensure implementation of educational drives, campaigns and advocacy initiatives to effectively and efficiently communicate the need to change unhealthy lifestyle/maintain healthy lifestyle to the community and target groups
- Proof of current and previous work experience endorsed and stamped by Human Resource (Certificate of service and service record) must be attached
- Current registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and Midwifery. SANC Receipt for 2022.
- Certificate on clinical nursing science, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and care
- A valid code B driving licence.
- Report writing abilities
- Empathy and counselling skills
- Ability to prioritize issues and other related matters and to comply with time frames
- A minimum of 7 years appropriate or recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing and Midwifery.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A