Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The Head of Student Success at Valenture Institute oversees a cluster of Student Success Portfolio Managers and Leads who provide support across our portfolio of High Schools. The Head of Student Success is responsible for fostering a student-centric culture and a focus on holistic development across our multiple High Schools and offerings.
- Ensure seamless collaboration between Student Success and the Student Records, Faculty, Technical Support, Finance, Learning Design,
- Learning Technology, Project Management and Admissions teams.
- Ensure the alignment and consistent application of policy and procedure across the Portfolio Managers and Student Experience Leads within a
- High School and across High Schools where applicable.
- Liaise with other teams on the development and improvement of inter-departmental processes.
- Provide direction and leadership to direct reports in line with the Student Experience team’s priorities.
- Ensure good collaboration and communication with the Product Division on all matters relating to timetabling, scheduling, capacity planning and process mapping.
- Work with the Director of Student Experience, to build a culture of student experience excellence, collaboration and innovation.
- Oversee the support quality across all High Schools.
- Support on process development and improvement, remove operational blockers and ensure that Student Success teams are enabled to provide efficient and effective support to students.
- Work with the Principal, Academic Advisor and School Counselor to continuously assess and refine the Remediation Policy (RTI).
- Monitor and report on key pastoral care/support SLA’s across the portfolio of High Schools.
- Actively shape the culture of the team to provide high-quality education and pastoral care at scale.
- Plan, resource, and structure the support models for our multiple High Schools and offerings
- Oversee the pastoral care/support quality across all High Schools.
- Work with the Director of Student Experience and the Head of Student Well-being on continuously refining and improving our Pastoral Care offerings.
- Recruit and retain exceptional support staff, ensuring that Valenture Institute is known for the quality of its mentors/support coaches.
- Work with the Portfolio Managers and others to write and maintain all support policies, including Assessment and Reporting, Curriculum and the relevant sections of Student Handbooks.
- Overseeing redundancy in the team and ensuring effective workforce management and capacity planning day to day and at established planning intervals.
- Work with the Director of Student Experience to set the annual Student Success budget and manage costs in line with annual objectives.
- Devise strategies to improve support quality at scale across our offerings.
- Focus on the overall health and wellness of the team through coaching and development plans.
- Maintain and improve where applicable the framework and content for the Learning Compass programme.
- Maintain the quality of student support through ongoing quality assurance, moderation and data validation exercise.
- Define, implement & report on KPIs & metrics
- A blend of academic, customer support and business skill sets is preferred.
- Operationally savvy.
- Management and leadership experience is essential with demonstrated experience in mentoring and leading people. At least 5 years of experience.
- Show great operational strength
- The successful candidate should be familiar with and skilled in working on one or more CRM system/s
- Preferred: SACE
- Managed customer service teams at scale
- Customer support mindset.
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication, Counselling or Psychology preferred.
- Drives self-service, knowledge bases for customers and FAQs
- The successful candidate should know how to operate at scale and has supported large teams.
- Develop and implement an engagement & retention strategy for customers/clients
- Police clearance and NSRO
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A good feel for working with assessment data and operational data.
- Teaching and or management experience at secondary school level, with either BEd or PGCE qualification is beneficial.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A