To fulfil the role of a FAIS Compliance Officer’s responsibility is to assist a business to comply with FAIS/FMA and the regulations relating to financial advisory and intermediary services and assist the business with transition to compliance under the Conduct of Financial Institutions Act.
- Ensuring that all policies and standards are updated in line with developments in legal requirements
- Advising on processes and controls designed to manage FAIS Risk
- The proactive response to statutory, regulatory or supervisory developments
- Staying abreast of applicable Regulatory Developments, including determining the impact for W&I• Providing advice on regulatory matters to W&I
- Standard setting/policy/guidance – remaining abreast of regulatory developments.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of effective structures, guidelines and procedures
- Relevant specialist qualification in compliance will be advantageous
- Relevant Tertiary qualification FAIS RE Exams
- Strong subject matter expert in FAIS, minimum 5 years’ experience
- Public or private sector experience in financial experience in senior roles
Job Category: Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carletonville, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A