Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Investigate complaints received and complete investigations thereof.
- In-depth knowledge of Nature Conservation Ordinance, National Environmental Management:
- Biodiversity Act 10 of 2004 and TOPS regulations, CITES and Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977.
- Write detailed investigation reports, file and maintain all records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Coordinate search and seizure warrants for biodiversity related investigations.
- Attend court cases during trail days to ensure that the NPA can prove the guiltiness of the transgressor beyond reasonable doubt and to ensure that the sentence is a reflection of the seriousness of the crime.
- Collect, analyse and preserve evidence for court.
- Work with other law enforcement agencies to solve biodiversity crimes.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interviewing and interrogation skills.
- Undertake site inspections to ascertain compliance and submit reports thereof to Biodiversity Control.
- Assist other Biodiversity Officers and SAPS on various endangered and rare species of wild fauna and flora species identification.
- Assist Biodiversity Control in ensuring that the unit projects are undertaken timeously and appropriately.
- Ensure that reports are written according to the Departmental standards.
- Grade 12 plus Honours Degree (NQF Level 8) in Nature Conservation.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in Nature conservation as recognized by SAQA.
- Valid drivers’ license. Competencies:
- Experience in implementation of investigations (covert and overt) and detective work.
- Computer Literacy; Good communication, writing and networking skills with stakeholders both in government and outside of government spheres;
- Ability and competency in interpreting and implementing policy, legislation, and guidelines.
- Must have a strong personality and conflict management skills.
- Successfully completed Environmental Management Inspector training is an added advantage.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emfuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A