Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Align employment creation and growth with the GGT provincial strategy and national development plan.
- Communicate new and improved sector policies and strategies.
- Collaborate with staff within the department, other departments, and private sector in the development of policies and strategies for 10 high growth sectors.
- Capacity and development of staff.
- Report monthly, quarterly and annually on sector policies and strategies.
- Prepare speeches and briefing notes for the political office bearers on the development of policies and strategies for resource based.
- Design new programmes and mechanisms to accelerate the growth and sustainability of the High growth sectors.
- Enhance and maintain employee’s motivation and cultivate a culture of performance management.
- Drive economic sector strategy development and analysis process to support departmental objectives.
- Correspond with research and educational institutions on the policies and strategies on resource based.
- Determine if current policies and strategies are still relevant or if they should be reviewed.
- Coordinate the development of skills within the High growth sectors.
- Develop implementation guidelines for reviewed policies and strategies.
- Develop and review policies and strategies that advance coordination and cooperation amongst the different spheres of government.
- Identify implementation challenges with existing sector strategies and mechanisms.
- Consult with stakeholders in the national, provincial and local governments, private sector, international organisations and entrepreneurs.
- Develop and review growth enhancing strategies for the resource based (primary)sector.
- Response to audit queries.
- Manage utilisation of physical resources Evaluate and monitor performance and appraisal of employees.
- Develop, review, and promote policy frameworks and strategies to ensure the development and maintenance of a comprehensive and tailor-made ecosystem for the High growth sectors.
- Benchmark against best practice resource based (primary)strategies, policies, and common practices.
- Support, Lead and Report work in the MEC’s Economic growth and Job creation War room.
- Assess progress, generate information for policy and strategy management and decision making.
- Code EB license, Strategic leadership, Financial Management, People Management, Networking, Stakeholder relations, Client orientation and customer focus, Interpersonal skills, Programme Design and Delivery, Service delivery and innovation.
- NQF Level 7 in Economics, Development Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications with Project Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Junior Management level and Project Management.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emfuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A