Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Develop regular institutional performance reports.
- Direct the total quality management system of the institution.
- Plan and monitor the implementation of a range of Nursing Education and Training programmes.
- Monitor and evaluate financial management, human resource management and development, supply chain management, asset management, transport and facility management.
- Develop monitoring reports to ensure oversight committees are updated on developments in the institution.
- Lead strategic and operational planning of the institution and monitor operational planning of the institution.
- Lead academic oversight committees.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Must be able to contribute to the paradigm shift in Nursing Education for health service delivery and facilitate universal access to health care through responsive educational programme development and implementation.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an academic manager in nursing education in a college or a higher education institution.
- Skilled in research development and coordination including academic writing, policy development and quality assurance.
- A qualification (Degree/ Diploma) in Nursing Education and Nursing management.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Analytical assessment and evaluation skills.
- Financial and Human Resource management skills including planning, forecasting and budgeting and monitoring of expenditure Change management.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ teaching experience in a Post Basic teaching environment.
- A Basic qualification accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice R.425 (i.e., Diploma/Degree in Nursing and Midwifery) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse.
- Proof of Computer literacy.
- Clinical Masters will be an added advantage.
- Programme and project management skills.
- Relate well to a diversity of personnel and range of stakeholders.
- Good Communication skills – verbal and written including presentation skills.
- Commitment to Nursing Education, Training and Practice.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Transformational leadership skills with the ability to engage in transformation and respond to the political imperatives of government as it relates to Nursing Education and training.
- Matric certificate or the equivalent.
- A minimum of eleven (11) years appropriate or recognizable nursing experience after registration as a Professional Nurse and Midwife of which seven (7) years must be appropriate or recognizable teaching experience in Nursing Education after obtaining a qualification in Nursing Education.
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- A post basic qualification in an R212 or R48 program.
- Computer literacy and report writing skills.
- Strategic capability and leadership.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A