Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Ensure representation of the department in court hearings as and when required.
- Represent the department in a strategic advisory role at all assets disposal Governance structures.
- Oversee regularisation of illegal occupants in line with approved policies and prescripts.
- Compile and timeously submit all required administrative reports.
- Facilitate for rectification due to wrong registration and/or arising housing disputes.
- Management of the business unit.
- Maintain good relations with municipalities and facilitate for timeous signing of Power of Attorneys by municipalities and private land owners.
- Timeously respond to audit queries and findings.
- Ensure that all invoices are checked against work done and signed within specified time.
- Undertake Human Resources and other related administrative functions.
- Provide strategic guidance on the development and implementation of legislation, policies and strategies on assets disposal aligned to housing frameworks.
- Oversee housing dispute resolution through mediation and adjudication process and ensure implementation of the resolutions thereafter.
- Oversee the transfer process of properties in order to achieve set targets. Ensure that beneficiary management processes are followed before property transfers.
- Compile the Directorate’s Risk Register with interventions and management action plan.
- Develop and manage the business plan, operational plan, annual performance plan, procurement plan of the unit and report on progress as required.
- Matric plus NQF level 7/ Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management/ Public Administration/ Management/ Secretarial/ Public or relevant qualification, coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in administration and provision of secretariat services; of which 3 years should be in a supervisory managerial level (Assistant Director Level).
- Knowledge and understanding of Traditional and Khoi San leadership
- Policy guidelines
- Ability to develop policy and legislation
- Excellent administrative capability
- Public Finance Management Act
- Computer Literacy skills
- Communication and writing;
- Conflict Handling
- Facilitation skills
- Time management
- Report writing skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management.
- A valid driver’s license.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A