Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
Reporting will be responsible to manage the Scheme’s efficiently and effectively, administering the supply chain and finances of Head Office, assess and mitigate risk
- Collate data for annual integrated report.
- Develop frequently used reports in the accounting system.
- Capture draft for SRM and statutory returns on CMS system.
- Track and report incorrect allocation in the GL.
- Support the Budgeting Process.
- Prepare weekly expenditure report.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Maintain the management accounts template.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Develop and report on Scheme’s procurement spend, focusing on BEE levels and Black Ownership.
- Prior knowledge of working with business intelligence tools and AFS software would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, processes and policies.
- Strong organisational and mathematical Skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Computer skills preferably Microsoft excel.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful and ability to work independently.
- Minimum 2 years management accounting and reporting experience (similar role).
- Have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certificate/Diploma in Accountancy, Degree would be advantageous.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion and tact.
- Have Strong negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity and excellence.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Have a diligent work ethic with attention to detail.
- Ability to critically analyse data.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mbombela, Nelspruit, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A