Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
The ICT Integration Specialist will be required to participate in the planning, coordination, and solution development and implementation activities related to the integration of applications and technologies within the organizations application integration environment. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, proficiency in programming languages and data structures, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role and providing support to the SM: Applications Development through the following KPA’s:
- Design, develop, and deploy solutions within the organization’s architectural principles, policies, and guidelines
- Develop and maintain services used in application integrations.
- Develop and maintain data integration components such as SQL queries, stored procedures, data extraction and cleansing, and integration with system front end components.
- Build reports and/or data extracts to support business analysis.
- Write PL-SQL code to retrieve appropriate data as derived from requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
- Design integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices.
- Coordinate directly with business analyst to best understand and analyze application integration business specifications.
- Support development on resolving system defects, acting as liaison in developing solutions.
- Work with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Assist application software developers and engineers in development of Application Program Interface (APIs) to interact with the application integration environment
- Implement audit, logging, and monitoring solutions to provide proactive operational support in the AI environment.
- Continually develop skills in the integration technologies in place in the AI environment, as well as staying informed on new developments in integration technology.
- Full systems development life cycle experience.
- Certification in Application Integration is a must.
- Application Integration Certification is must.
- Experience in Application Integration role is a must.
- Systems Development Lifecycle Management is essential. Project Management is an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in Application Architect.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
- National diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, information systems or relevant degree.
- Knowledge of HealthCare Solution is an advantage.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including .Net environment/ platform.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A