Website FNB South Africa
To provide IT expertise, advice and leadership in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To assist in the development of IT operational implementation plans and associated IT processes, methods and techniques.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
- Knowledge of Java will be advantageous
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- 5 years + experience in programming and system design.
- Must have COBOL and JCL experience
- System Design experience advantageous.
- Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree.
Company: FNB South Africa
Job Category: Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Makhanda, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A