Website eThekwini Municipality
To inspect electricity reticulations and voltages up to and including 11KV and the specification of maintenance thereof.
- Issuing an instruction to repair notices and specifying the period of the maintenance and repair required.
- Responsible for the inspection of overhead lines, substations, underground mains ancillaryequipment and street lighting.
- Utilizing specialized testing equipment for fault identification.
- Investigation of system faults to ascertain the cause of faults up to 11kv prior to the restorationof supply.
- Inspecting and scheduling of pole testing.
- Ordering of materials by using related software packages to order material and generate requisitions to ensure that minor maintenance and repair work is carried out.
- 3-years relevant experience in maintenance or construction of electrical reticulation at 11kV and below.
- 4 years relevant experience in estimating labour or materials requirements.
- Must be a competent person in terms of the Service Unit’s Safety Rules or be able to become so within 6 months of date of appointment.
- Ability to work unsupervised
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Job Category: Municipalities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malelane, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A