Website Durban University of Technology
There are opportunities for postgraduate students and suitably qualified persons, in taking up positions to facilitate tutorials and/or lectures on the modules in the Centre for General Education. The experience gives you a chance to develop skills of facilitation and is an excellent entry into academic work. Those who apply will go through a systematic staff professional development programme before leading small groups of students.
- Facilitate students’ interactions with their peers online and/or face-to-face.
- Facilitate the delivery of lecture and/or tutorial material online and/or face-to face.
- Provide students with the required support.
- Manage the necessary administrative processes required for the lectures and/or tutorials, including the preparation and delivery of content, and marking of students’ submissions.
- Experience working in at least one learning management system (e.g. Moodle, Ms Teams, Blackboard etc)
- Good communication skills in English (both written and oral).
- A minimum of an Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma in field of Social Sciences/Arts or Humanities fields (NQF level 8 qualification).
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to undergo training on various aspects of facilitation.
- Working knowledge of a SA indigenous language will be an added advantage.
Company: Durban University of Technology
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A