Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
The main purpose of the position is to plan for the development of identified government precincts within the spatial development parameters of District and Rural municipalities to ensure integration.
- Collaboration with User Departments, sector departments, national and municipal spheres of government
- Government estate footprint assessment and prioritization of targeted municipalities
- Identification of State buildings for brownfield / greenfield development
- Identification of land parcels in precincts for development
- Site due diligence and adherence to planning legislation
- Project manage all town planning related tasks in various towns towards packaged precinct solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban/Town and Regional Planning or relevant qualifications.
- 6 years post qualifications professional experience required with relevant experience in various facets of district and rural planning and property development.
- Experience in various facets of town & regional planning and related built environment legislation and policies.
- Compulsory Registration as a Professional Planner with the South African Council for Planners (SACPLAN).
- Background of Town Planning legal aspects (Acts/Legislation/policies/bylaws).
- Experience in land development applications (Rezoning, Subdivision, Township Establishment and etc.), and packaged solutions for integrated precinct planning and
- A valid driver’s license.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bisho, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A