Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
To plan, direct co-ordinate and manage the efficient and delivery of clinical and administrative support services through working with the key executive management team at the hospital within the legal and regulatory framework, to represent the hospital authoritatively at provincial and public forums, to provide strategic leadership to improve operational efficiency within the health establishment to improve health outcomes.
- Prepare a strategic plan for the Hospital to ensure that it is in line with the 10- point plan, national, provincial, regional and district plans.
- Maximize revenue through collection of all income due to the Hospital, ensure that adequate policies, systems and procedure are in place to enable prudent management of financial resources, planning of financial resource mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, asset and risk management.
- Ensure business support and systems to promote optimal management of the institution as well as optimal service delivery, ensure that systems and procedures are in place to ensure planning and timeous maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure continuous development and training of personnel and implement monitoring and evaluation of performance.
- Procurement and Management of Equipment and Supplies
- Implement a procurement and provisioning system that is fair, transparent, competitive and cost effective in terms of provincial delegated authority and in line with the
PFMA, ensure that goods and services are procured in a cost effective timely manner.
- A degree/diploma in health management Or adegree/advanced diploma in a management field.
- At least 5 (five) years management experience in the health sector.
- Experience as a health service manager or significant experience in management in a health service environment.
- Unendorsed valid Code B driver’s license (Code 08).
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as National Health Act, Public Finance Management Act (PMFA),
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bisho, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A