Website Discovery Limited
The Security Solution Architect (SSA) is an individual that operates in the Information Governance and Security team and is responsible for designing, building, testing and driving implementation of privacy and security systems. The SSA is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security and privacy standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice capabilities.
- Hands-on involvement and/or ownership of delivering new or enhanced security services and capabilities in support of business requirements and the Information Governance and Security strategy
- Works in conjunction with the Enterprise Security Architect to determine requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information privacy and security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Plans, researches, designs and documents security architecture for IT systems.
- Enhances the Information Governance and Securit y teams accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions; teaching improved processes and mentoring team members.
- Proven experience of driving enterprise wide security programs, projects, or solutions.
- Relevant Information Security and Architecture Qualification/s.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, ability to lead discussions and present complex ideas to all levels within the organisation
- Working knowledge of and experience with security frameworks and architectural principles.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Basic IT qualifications (A+, N+ or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments
- Professional Communication (written, verbal/presenting and listening)
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards, legislations, etc.
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Solid understanding of security protocols, authentication, authorisation, and security
- Advanced Security certifications (CISSP,CISA or equivalent)
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
- IT related Diploma / Degree
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Security Architecture (SABSA or equivalent)
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build relationships with people from all different backgrounds and at different job levels
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to articulate security in non-technical business impact terms
- Customer Service Orientation and Result Orientation
- Business writing skills, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Personal Attributes And Skills
- 5 + years of experience in the Information Technology and Information Security fields across multiple domains.
- Effective Time Management and Prioritisation
Company: Discovery Limited
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A