DHL Express is looking for a Territory Manager to join & lead our team. He/she will be responsible for the revenue generated from a geographically assigned sales territory (or business portfolio), by servicing and retaining existing customers and targeting new business opportunities.
- Conversion of qualified leads into customers (First Time Buyers) and develops and penetrates existing accounts (Retention and Development).
- Control all documentation and data relating to customer visits, agreements and terms of reference to ensure that customer information is maintained accurately in the customer database.
- Adhere to regional standard profit margins and discount guidelines.
- Build a strong client relationship to ensure that the account performs and grows to its maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
- Develop an Annual customer call cycle created annually, reviewed quarterly and updated on a monthly basis (Planned and Unplanned Maintenance) to secure committed orders with new and existing customers and gain any competitor held businesses to ensure that individual agreed targets are achieved.
- Complete CVIEW sales reporting requirements in a timely manner, which includes Activities reporting, Customer Information and Pipeline maintenance.
- Formulate a personal sales plan that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business prospects and maximises growth within the existing customer base & Incumbent has no direct reports.
- Meet regularly with the Marketing and Sales management to evaluate the personal sales plan/strategy so as to ensure that the required revenue and shipment results can be achieved.
- Complete Brick Wall and Relationship Balance Sheet Scorecard for the Top 20 accounts in their sales territory.
- Ensure co-operation with other members of the sales team and throughout the sales force.
- Develop a working relationship with the relevant support departments e.g. Operations, to ensure they are kept up to date with all issues relating to customers. All non-sales activities or diversionary activities should be handled by Sales Admin Support or Customer Support Executives.
- To continually develop knowledge of DHL’s products/services and general commercial awareness in order to provide the best possible solutions to the customers.
- Act as the customers’ main point of contact, by liaising closely with the relevant departments within DHL to ensure that their queries, problems or issues are dealt with appropriately.
- Analyse and monitor customer data to measure success and identify fluctuations/trends so as to decide on the relevant actions to be taken.
- Manage a portfolio of customers and potential customers via personal sales visits, using face to face contact to provide a ‘personal service’.
- Produce information for management necessary to evaluate performance vs. key performance indicators.
- Ensure all customer agreements are cost sensitive so as to ensure a suggested minimum pricing tariff is set and adhered too. Any deviations from this tariff require management’s agreement and justifications.
- Graduate. MBA Preferred
- Working knowledge of DHL Products & Services
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 3 years sales experience
- Minimum 3 years sales experience
- Display team working skills
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A