Website Department of Justice and Constitutional Development - DOJ
Conduct mediation and/or inquiries as part of a multi- disciplinary team in custody, access, guardianship, child abduction and related family law disputes
- Evaluate information and compile forensic court reports and recommendations to the best interest of children in family law disputes
- Act as expert witness for the Family Advocate in Court Network
- Conduct awareness campaigns regarding the functions and role of the Office of the Family Advocate
- Conduct inquiries and interview parties and source references in family law disputes to townships and rural areas.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification which allows for professional registration with the SACSSP (SA Council for Social Service Profession)
- Appropriate experience in social work after registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP
- Knowledge and experience in Mediation
- Court Experience in rendering expect evidence
- Knowledge and application of Family Law, including Mediation in certain Divorce Matters Act , Children’s Act, Maintenance Act and Domestic Violence Act (inclusive of Hague Convention on International Child Abduction)
- A valid drivers’ license.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A