Website Department of Environmental Affairs
Render procurement and budgeting services and coordinate financial administration functions (this includes coordinating the compilation and monitoring of the branch’s procurement plans, budgets and expenditure reports).
- Identify and direct important and key requests, both from internal and external stakeholders to relevant officials for attention.
- Provide document management services, as well as point of interaction with the Director-General’s (DG’s) office.
- Provide administration and co-ordination support services to the Office of the DDG for the effective and efficient management of the branch.
- Render secretariat functions for relevant branch-related meetings and liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Keep track of the branch’s responses to compliance with enquiries, questions, requests and dates (e.g. from Cabinet, portfolio committees, public and others).
- Experience in planning, reporting and performance management is also required. Skills required: Sound organising and planning, facilitation, analytical thinking, interpersonal, report writing and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of strategic coordination/planning and project management.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in office management, administration and coordination or any secretarial related work.
- Understanding of inter-governmental relations.
- Knowledge of public service prescripts, policies and procedures, Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and other financial management and associated prescripts.
- National Diploma on NQF level 6 or Bachelor Degree in Office Administration/Public Administration or equivalent relevant qualification.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Job Category: Government Vacancies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A