Website Department of Environmental Affairs
Provide high quality litigation and related legal support services, including alternative dispute resolution assistance, which enables the department of to protect and conserve the environment.
- Attend to matters related to the determination of liability of officials who have caused losses/damages to state property and/or vehicles, where officials or third parties are found liable for any obligations towards the department.
- Create an enabling environment for compliance with the prescripts of the department.
- Assist the department to improve co-operative and corporate governance, improved service delivery and promotion of empowerment.
- Provide litigation management services and general legal advice and ensure compliance by the department with the legislative framework relating to its core business and adherence to the rules of court.
- Manage and facilitate the recovery of such obligations with the assistance of the state attorney.
- Assist the department to ensure compliance with the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act, 2000 (Act No.3 of 2000) (PAJA) for the department.
- Knowledge of PAJA, the rules of the various courts, including but not limited to the rules of the various high courts and magistrate’s courts.
- An appropriate recognised LLB degree coupled with eight (8) years postgraduate experience in the provision of legal services with supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of environmental laws will be an added advantage.
- Skills required sound organising and Planning; computer literacy; creativity; basic project management; good communication; presentation and reporting; good analytical and research skills, good drafting skills, an ability to work in a team, a pro-active, problem-solving and positive attitude and an ability to adhere to deadlines are essential, leadership and facilitation.
- Knowledge and experience in judicial review applications.
- Knowledge of administrative law, Constitutional law, environmental law.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Job Category: Government Vacancies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A