Website Department of Environmental Affairs
Conduct policy research to inform council decisions and advice to the minister on forestry related matters and support the functioning of the NFAC.
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate stakeholder participation in policy development process in line with the NFAC work programme.
- Develop a cooperative governance framework within the national and international forest sector.
- Manage stakeholder and processes for policy development in the forest sector.
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of the forest-sector stakeholder consultation process.
- Provide support to the council and its committees in the planning of stakeholders’ liaison.
- Render technical support and liaison services to the council on variety of matters related to the NFAC work programme.
- Interpretation of relevant documents, ability to take initiative, facilitation and negotiation skills, project management.
- Stakeholder engagement at national and international levels, client orientation and customer focus, report writing, sound organisational skills, information analysis, financial management, monitoring and reporting, planning and organising skills, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills.
- A Bachelor degree/National Diploma (NQF level 6) in Forestry or Natural Resources Management.
- A minimum of three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience in forest policy and strategy development / formation and legislation or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Forest Act, 1998 (Act 84 of 1998) and the National Veld and Forest Fire Act, 1998 (Act 101 of 1998) as well as other related environmental legislation and policies affecting the forestry sector.
- Understanding of Public Finance Management Act and Treasury regulations.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Job Category: Government Vacancies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A