Website Department of Environmental Affairs
Conduct information and training workshops within the department on contract manual and templates, PAIA, POPIA and PAJA Ensure PAIA requests are responded to within the periods specified in terms of the PAIA.
- Drafting of contracts or international instruments on request and instructions from client directorates.
- Facilitate training sessions relating to legal matters.
- Provide general legal support including providing legal advice and opinions.
- Ensuring legalities and legal formalities of contracts or international instruments conform to the prescribed prescripts.
- Must be able to travel and must have a valid driver’s licence and be able to work after hours or over weekends when necessary.
- LLB degree coupled with at least one (1) year appropriate post qualification in legal/litigation experience.
- An ability to interpret and apply law, legislations, and policies.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines is essential.
- Knowledge of environmental law, mining law, Constitutional law and administrative law.
- Ability to work in a team, a pro-active, problem-solving, and positive attitude.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Job Category: Government Vacancies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A