Website The Coca-Cola Company
Performs skilled maintenance and repair services of facility or/and production plant systems such as mechanical, electrical and building or/and production line systems. Plans and conducts building repairs such as repair outdoor lighting, doors, drywall, and ceiling tiles. Installs insulation and plastic coverings on product lines and piping, perform light plumbing and repairs. Performs facility preventative maintenance programs as directed.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to track all work.
- Works with facilities maintenance personnel and vendors/contractors to complete tasks and generates purchase requisitions as needed.
- Plans and performs all facilities build-outs, including framing, hanging and finishing sheetrock, concrete work, floor installation and repair, drop ceiling installation, paneling, roof repairs, changing lights/ballasts, minor electrical wiring/repairs and inspection of electrical panels.
- Performs building maintenance and troubleshooting to meet or exceed plant and departmental goals while ensuring tasks are completed in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Cost Objectives.
- Satisfactorily completes lift training courses and safely operate a forklift and high reach.
- Directs and tracks contractor needs, and activities as directed by management.
- Properly trouble-shoots and maintains production lines and/or batching/processing equipment.
- Complies with all standard operating procedures and requirements under CCR Quality System
- Must be able to understand and use Safety Data Sheet, and preventive maintenance documentation.
- Must be certified on the JPM for this position within six months of start date.
- Must be able to work an eight (8), ten (10), or twelve (12) hour shifts as required with overtime or extended hours as necessary and work any shift as directed.
- This position requires the following certifications: CARO (Certified Assistance Refrigeration Operator) and subsequently the CIRO (Certified Industrial Refrigeration
- Operator) through the RETA (Refrigeration Engineering Technician Association)
- Must be able to achieve a passing score at the tech 1 level of the Maintenance Technician test
- Prior welding experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Associates or technical degree is preferred.
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs such as (CMMS “Maximo”)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance with prior diagnostic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance experience are needed
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Control (PLC), mechanical, electrical, lubrication, fabrication, pneumatic and hydraulics are required.
- Must be able to supply own hand tools.
- The ability to interpret basic blueprints and schematics is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have experience operating power industrial equipment such as forklift.
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A