Website The Coca-Cola Company
At The Coca-Cola Company, you’ll be working in an inclusive environment that is refreshing the world. The Production Operator IV performs a variety of tasks in the overall operation of the plant. We utilize state of the art quality systems and have guidelines in place to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. The position requires prior production experience for individuals with an eye for details and takes pride in the quality of their work.
- Runs multiple machines, including fillers, cappers, robots, and casing equipment; perform line inspections, perform multiple tasks on drum filling line, perform all required quality checks and accurately complete required documentation.
- Adheres to all Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) requirements.
- Properly and consistently run all packaging equipment and occasionally provide relief for other operators, as assigned.
- Monitor’s computer terminals and OIT screens.
- Perform production activities for equipment set up, clean-ups, packaging filling and labeling, maintenance, and other operational duties.
- Performs all essential job functions affecting quality according to the quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Visually inspects all incoming materials and report non-conformances and visually inspects finished goods, making minor corrections and reporting all non-conformances.
- Utilizes Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), which requires clean, sweep, mop, and scrub production area equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings as required.
- Good math and communication skills are essential.
- Must have prior experience as a Production Operator.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude to be able to sequence equipment for proper start-up and shutdown, understanding machinery and conveyor controls.
- The ability to do repetitive stooping, lifting to 50 pounds, bending, and standing while operating equipment is required.
- Must be able to identify line problems, non-conforming product, and employ corrective actions.
- Prior knowledge or ability to run automated casing equipment is needed.
- Must be experienced in or able to learn operator control panels.
- Must be able to work 10 ½ hour shift with unpaid lunch and will include overtime.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid forklift license and be able to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A