Website The Coca-Cola Company
As the world’s largest beverage company, we produce the highest quality products, which our consumer has come to expect from us. We are currently seeking Technicians to join our manufacturing team in a Quality Assurance role. You’ll be responsible for quality testing of ingredients and finished products to ensure product and package integrity in accordance with standard operating procedures. We’re seeking team-oriented individuals who have a keen eye for the details and have a passion for ensuring the quality of their work.
- Monitor all quality checks made by production.
- Complete work orders to ensure proper maintenance, verification, calibrations are completed in a timely manner in accord with company, federal and state requirements
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on process equipment and monthly audits on various areas under laboratory control.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensures that it is accomplished in compliance with all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste. Potentially including hazardous materials. Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Operate and perform quality tests on the treated water system.
- Set-up and calibrate test equipment.
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records. Properly amend, identify, and file records, along with conducting clerical duties including copying, filing, faxing, data entry, and document reproduction.
- Perform collection, documentation, and destruction of samples, along with physical, chemical, and microbiological testing of finished products and raw materials.
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly to management and peers on test results or inspection findings outside of specifications.
- Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, and inventory control systems.
- Keep accurate Q.A. reports daily.
- Conduct environmental sampling and analysis to monitor facility sanitation.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Solid math skills are required along with basic reading and writing skills.
- Microsoft office experience
- High school diploma, GED equivalent, Associate degree, or technical college degree.
- With a global organization and the opportunity to learn and grow within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- 1+ years’ experience in quality testing or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Must be able to maintain a strong level of confidentiality – all formulas are confidential.
- Ability to demonstrate capability of learning or using basic lab’s equipment such as: Refractometer, pH meter, Auto titrator, Density Meter, Turbidity Meter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must successfully pass Aon (behavioral/personality test) assessment test.
- Ability to participate in job development training
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A