Website The Coca-Cola Company
Costa’s Data Platform is a state-of-the-art Azure Synapse Cloud and AI solution at the heart of our global expansion plans, operations, business insights, and engagement with the consumer.
- Stay on top of the latest trends, developments and possibilities in Synapse, Azure and data management. Relate new methods and technologies to business opportunities; excite and engage the organisation in the art of the possible.
- Work with Master Data Management SMEs to obtain strong conformed dimensions that can meet the needs of multiple data warehouses and marts from a single design
- Engage with internal and external partners to drive technical design of the Costa Data Platform in a cohesive direction.
- Resolve miss-maps and misunderstandings to achieve the desired outcome
- Produce business comprehensible slides and diagrams to promote usage and adoption.
- Author KDDs (Key Decision Documents) and HLDs (High Level Designs) that explain and designs to peer review boards for decision and approval.
- Explain all aspects including Machine Learning and Data Science.
- Explain all aspects including
- Identify and work upon areas of low data quality instituting KPIs and dashboards as required
- Ensure the smooth consumption and passage of data to reporting layers in SQL, PowerBI and other tools
- Engage strongly in curation of the Data Lake content ensuring that interface diagrams, lineage maps and data definitions are executed in terms that Business Data
- Analysts and technical teams alike can readily access and leverage.
- In partnership with other architects, work to develop and communicate standards.
- Acts as the central reference point and librarian of Costa’s repository of Data Platform design documents, working with partners to review, improve and admit their items.
- Work with global partners to onboard their data sets to the Data Lake and create mappings that form a bridge between the local perspectives and global insight.
- Assist business and IT projects in leveraging the facility by engaging with their requirements, directing them to relevant documentation and translating into technical designs
- Participate in agile and waterfall developments, ensuring delivery is to the agreed designs or submitted to change management.
- Promote the platform as a corporate information asset.
- Ability to capture/summarise complex options in high level diagrams
- Capability to drive the design of Data Platform Architectures across Business, Data, Application and Technology domains
- Demonstrable experience right through the project lifecycle, from functional requirements capture, though design, build and delivery, ideally including Agile
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Good documentation skills which capture the requirements, solution options and justification of recommended solution
- Team-player with collaborative experience of working with internal, outsourced and partner/SI development teams
- Ability to work in a technical domain but convert this to a business relatable overview and outcome that can be stated in plain English
- Proactively collaborating in (and sometimes driving) technical workshops with technical and business teams to derive value added solutions – and to summarise and capture decisions
- Experience of working directly or indirectly in a retail or supply-chain industry would be helpful
- Proven experience of Azure cloud infrastructures
- Strong experience in relevant technical and/or architecture roles across several platforms/languages/verticals
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A