Website BMW Group
The role is responsible for steering the process around Capital Invest Applications (CIA) from initiation to closure of project (including compliance with the Invest Planning Handbook, Invest Guideline and IFRS) and to assess complex situations and concur whether the expenditure should be classified as capex or overheads in terms of IFRS or other laws/regulations (e.g. Income Tax Act). Respond to ad-hoc queries on these topics.
- You will prepare /update guidelines/policies relevant to Capex and Asset controlling.
- You will identify and implement improvements to the IT system for asset and capital controlling (ensure IFRS, tax and AIS compliance). Implement enhancements to IT system to achieve efficiency in processes.
- You will steer the asset register (including annual review of useful life and zero value assets) and prepare inputs for AIS applications, claim submission reporting and accounting.
- You will assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting related to fixed assets and ensure compliance with relevant IFRS, including reporting into the German invest interface (MORE).
- You will maintain sufficient back-up of workings for such capitalisations.
- You will review and approve shopping carts in line with the guideline, IFRS, Tax and AIS requirements and perform capitalisation of complex assets (incl. spare parts) in SAP in terms of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), tax laws and AIS guidelines.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) systems or methods would be advantageous.
- Incumbent should be proficient in using the Microsoft Office programs and advanced excel skills would be very advantageous.
- Fluent in English spoken and written;
- Accounting (Current IFRS requirements);
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous;
- Experience with projects would be advantageous;
- Ability to speak German would be advantageous.
Company: BMW Group
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A