The role of the enterprise architect (ESA) addresses the conceptual / planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with other architects focused on the needs of the technology, business and information architectures.
- Limit choices available during development by choosing a standard way of pursuing application development creating, defining, or choosing an application framework for the application
- The ESA also provides the reusable standards, guidelines, patterns and frameworks to application development projects, including those related to application architecture.
- Make sure that all aspects of the application solution architecture are optimized (as much as possible given other constraints of time and budget) by working with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the areas of technology, information and application architectures and disciplines.
- The ESA ensures that the application portfolio evolves at an appropriate rate and does not become unviable as the other related architectures change.
- The application architect is the SME focused on designing application interfaces and software services to maximize reuse based on the business processes and governance rules for sharing.
- Recognize potential reuse in the organization or in the application by observing and understanding the broader system environment creating the component design having knowledge of other applications in the organization
- 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Equivalent experience required TOGAF certification
- 5 years’ experience in an Enterprise/Solution Architect role
- Knowledge of the relevant Information Technology governance and legislative framework (such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, SDLC, ASAP, SOA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
Job Category: Private Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tzaneen, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A