The role of the enterprise architect (ESA) addresses the conceptual/planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with other architects focused on the needs of the technology, business and information architectures.
- Make sure that all aspects of the application solution architecture are optimized (as much aspossible given other constraints of time and budget) by working with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the areas of technology, information and application architectures and disciplines.
- The ESA ensures that the application portfolio evolves at an appropriate rate and does not become unviable as the other related architectures change.
- The ESA also provides the reusable standards, guidelines, patterns and frameworks to application development projects, including those related to application architecture.
- Recognize potential reuse in the organization or in the application by observing and understanding the broader system environment creating the component design having knowledge of other applications in the organization
- Limit choices available during development by choosing a standard way of pursuing application development creating, defining, or choosing an application framework for the application
- The application architect is the SME focused on designing application interfaces and software services to maximize reuse based on the business processes and governance rules for sharing.
- 2 – 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of the relevant Information Technology governance and legislative framework (such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, SDLC, ASAP, SOA)
- Equivalent experience required TOGAF certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- 5 years’ experience in an Enterprise/Solution Architect role
- Role models customer focus and customer service
Job Category: Private Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A