Website The Aurum Institute
The Group senior technical specialist: HIV will be responsible for the strategy, clinical and research leadership and direction on all aspects of HIV prevention and care at Aurum group. S/he is expected to provide overarching expertise in clinical management, research and implementation strategies with respect to HIV in the group. S/he will generate and implement independent research and contribute to the grants / proposal writing in all aspects related to HIV. Furthermore, he / she will play a prominent role in key stakeholders engagements at funders and international levels.
- Lead the development and documentation of effective tools and approaches for institutional capacity building, and maintain an inventory of successful strategies and approaches.
- Document and insure lessons learned by contributing to project reports, publications, internal and external presentations.
- Engage in high-quality research activities resulting in high impact publications including leading research projects, securing funding and overseeing research implementation in HIV
- Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels
- Read, analyse and interpret the most complex Documents and write Research Publications in line with scientific research standards
- Develop and guide strategic plans in development and implementation of HIV programmes and makes recommendations for improvement
- Support the global health office and Country Teams to review policy, delivery and evidence to align with international recognized modern approaches in HIV care and prevention
- Represent the organization and/or Institute to external entities at professional meetings and conferences
- Assist in identifying requirements for specific technical assistance, develop appropriate scopes of work, and work with short-term consultants to maximize benefit and follow-up of short-term assignments.
- Develop and implement mechanism to measure progress in leadership and management skills that is linked to HIV program performance.
- Continually maintain a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners
- Provide across partner and cross-countries technical and clinical leadership and support for HIV programme implementation
- Infectious disease sub-specialization is preferred
- Direct experience in HIV care and treatment as well as combination prevention modalities in key populations
- Willingness to travel frequently within Africa and other countries where the programme may require
- Managing similar health projects
- Qualified medical Specialist with a Masters degree in Public Health
- Track record of developing, implementing and disseminating HIV research projects in developing countries
- Direct work experience in international health care and service delivery, including experience in clinical aspects of medical care to HIV patients
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- PhD in health science field is advantageous
- Experience working with local ministries of health and global normative bodies to influence policy
- At least 15 years (10) of professional experience in implementing, managing and monitoring public health programs , including programs related to HIV, epidemic and other chronic diseases control is required.
- Experience with a leadership role in an HIV at the National or International Advisory Group
- Track record in writing and obtaining grant funding
- Experience leading teams including Financial, Systems and HR insight
- Interacting with donors, implementing partners and host country government
- Experience working in diverse settings in Africa
- Portuguese, French and/or other major African languages preferred
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
Company: The Aurum Institute
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A