Website Agricultural Research Council -ARC
Assist GRM with completion of Performance & Development Agreements (PDAs) and Evaluations(PDEs) for all subordinates Ensure performance targets are achieved Ensure compliance of all team members with all Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- In vitro establishment and multiplication of food and non-food crops for clients and Researchers
- Procedures and Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ensure all team members are correctly on time delivery
- Play active role in mitigating risks emanating from handling of genetic material in vitro industrial and medicinal crop species) using plant tissue culture methods.
- Capturing of procedural data on a relevant system in line with quality assurance measures Conduct research
- Conserve and maintain accessions in the ARC-VIMP National Public Goods In Vitro Genebank
- Participate in technical projects in compliance with set standards, clients’ needs/ specification
- Assist the Genetic Resources Manager (GRM) in managing the routine operations of the genebank
- Keep accurate records of daily operations to ensure traceability is maintained within and external to ARC-VIMP
- Understand aspects relevant to the in vitro lab certification systems in line with standard operating
- BSc / BTech or Advanced Diploma in Biological /Agricultural Sciences
- Compulsory experience with plant tissue culture and in vitro multiplication techniques required
- Experience in leading and managing people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to train and work with operational staff
- Thorough knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Company: Agricultural Research Council -ARC
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A