Website Anglo American
The purpose of the position is to plan and supervise the main work streams, as well as a team consisting of an analyst, technologist and laboratory technicians, supporting operational business units to ensure optimal work planning, consumables usage and the delivery of high quality data. Additionally, the position requires procurement of goods and services, management of supplier contracts and budgets.
- Supports the Mineral Processing and Mineralogy Manager in maximising the value of metallurgy to Anglo American, at all times ensuring that health and safety are not compromised.
- Ensures that SHEQ issues are considered in all activities.
- Monitors and analyses sub work streams volume and turnaround times. This will include the QA/QC of the methods, results as well as a high-level interpretation of the data.
- Plans, coordinates and leads all sub work streams based on work type and client needs, thereby managing the resource workloads.
- Provides visible felt leadership in safety, sustainable development and the Anglo American values.
- Schedules the workload of the section such that operationally relevant data is provided to the client timeously
- Oversees the training and development of the departmental staff.
- Communicates regularly with the clients as well as providing regular formal feedback on a monthly basis.
- Supports effectiveness and continuous improvement of the productivity and value contribution within the assigned tasks.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 as well as 17025 for specific units.
- Review and optimise methodologies and procedures used by the section. Ensure that correct equipment is in place and that the equipment is well maintained.
- Prepare annual cost budget for the section, monitor costs against budget. Draw up contracts with suppliers if necessary and monitor spend against contracts.
- Relevant experience in bulk commodity quality control.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering.
- Plant and process control experience, as well as experience in developing sampling protocols.
- Project planning and management.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of quality control systems.
Company: Anglo American
Job Category: Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Witbank, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A