Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Cloud services and Cloud deployments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer
- Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
- Experience with programming/scripting (Batch, Perl, Ruby, VB, PowerShell, Java, C# and/or PHP).
- Experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft
- Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange).
- Knowledge of Windows troubleshooting tools (Event viewer, Task manager, WinDbg, Windows
- Sysinternals, perfmon, WPR/WPA).
- Knowledge of storage technologies.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience with Network troubleshooting tools (telnet, test-netconnection, tracert, tracetcp, iperf, ntttcp, dig, and packet capture tools).
- Experience in Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, or
- LAN/WAN) Knowledge of Windows troubleshooting tools (WinDbg, Windows Sysinternals, perfmon, WPR/WPA).
- Advanced experience in enterprise systems administration in Windows Server and related services
- (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, MSSQL, SharePoint, Exchange, Windows server, Single Sign On).
- Advanced experience in Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, OpenStack).
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A