The Category Leader will be responsible for designing and executing our selection plans as well as facilitating cross-functional development activities, projects and process improvements. With your team, you will identify selection opportunities based on customer data, relationships with vendors and general retail developments. Working with your team, you will acquire this selection through contracting with vendors, on boarding them to our systems, and sourcing the items to ensure low prices, availability and fast delivery to the customers. You will own the profitability of your business, while guarding our mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.
- 10+ years sales and/or vendor management experience.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Experience working with diverse geographical teams
- Track record of delivering results and an ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A