Join us as the Head of Education Sales, South Africa within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Focusing on the education market across the South African region, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc).
- Develop the AWS education market segments, customer base, and partner ecosystem in South Africa.
- Set a strategic account management and marketing plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Develop strategies with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address requirements and issues from the field.
- Identify new markets, segments, prospects and partners while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Enabling the regional field team to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
Enable the Education teams to fill the pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Leading the development of the South African education sales, marketing, and industry strategy,
- Execute the strategic plan working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. global EDU team, account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Driving executive, business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product and solution offerings.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Must have a good understanding of Education industry trends, government procurement and education contract vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organisationally to build consensus.
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
- Demonstrated business and education market experience that drives engagement, and interact at the highest levels of government officials and educators.
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals of AWS.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Significant technology related sales or business development experience in Education.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience of ownership, drive, and delivering results is a must.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical and possess solid experience in business development or account management within Education (EdTech, K-12, Post-Secondary, Publishers) market segments.
- Excellent team builder and communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the AWS team and customers.
- MBA degree or equivalent required.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Drakenstein, Western Cape, South Africa
‘Application Deadline: N/A