Website Absa Group Limited
To embed the Branch Control Effectiveness framework by ensuring all standard controls are implemented and monitored on a daily basis, while taking full accountability for the overall branch operations in support to the Branch Manager.
- Take full responsibility for all assigned tasks related to nominated “champion” and equipment testing / Safe Custody, alarm testing and adhoc functions as required.
- Proactively manage the key General Ledger accounts including the investigation, rectification of unauthorized / incorrect entries and monthly reconciliation.
- Attest to key risk / management controls, via the various systems / platforms i.e. OMS.
- Act as the independent control function for all functional and operational mandates and key / pin / access codes in line with Policy.
- Ensure and act as the primary coordinator regarding the execution/implementation of all operational risk and resilience related activities and standard operating procedures within the branch, i.e. Occupational Health and Safety, Business Continuity Management, Security Incident Management Plans, Robbery Contingency Plans, etc.
- Perform / assist with independent / surprise / regulatory checks across the various key activities (i.e. cash counts, stock checks, etc.).
- Higher Certificate: Banking, National Senior Certificate/ Matric (Grade 12)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Job Category: Finance & Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A