Website Absa Group Limited
To process bank teller transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives, ensuring that customers are assisted promptly and in a friendly manner.. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya, TZ (NBC), Mozambique. Please contact Reward for details.
- Be vigilant for fraudulent or suspicious activities and report all concerns to the team leader or branch manager before processing the transaction or dispensing the cash
- Adherence to policies especially when handling with cheques, notes, ID’s, etc, under the 2 ID Buddy to prevent fraud. Refer any transactions in excess of teller mandate limits to a mandated official and / or line manager for authorisation Capture all transactions on the Bank system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before finalising the processing Carefully count all.
- Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached
- Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, travellers cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk in customers Process and encash cheques presented by customers for deposit or pay-out after checking identification, account details and other prescribed controls.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Job Category: Finance & Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berea, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A